White cloud over blue sky
“Cloud” is a white porcelain espresso cup and saucer inspired by the closeness of the clouds and skies over Singapore.
The method of slip casting is used for the production of “Cloud”. Slip casting is a type of ceramic molding technique which uses plaster molds instead of using the potter’s wheel. By pouring slip into plaster molds and drying it until its hardened, this technique makes it possible to create thin and strong ceramic products.
“Risen-yaki” is a decoration technique of applying patterns on porcelain using Japanese paper. Copper plates are used as original template for the paper. Japanese paper with patterns is first applied by the craftsperson by hand on the surface of white porcelain one by one and when the paper is removed the patterns will adhere to the porcelain creating beautiful patterns of lines and texture. The technique of “risen-yaki” adds a special touch to porcelain. In 1846, the technique of transfer printing by copper plates was used for the first time in Japan in Inazu-cho, Mizunami of Gifu prefecture where Miyama is located. To date, only a few potteries in this area are still using this technique to the present day.
[Saucer] Φ12.8 (cm)
[Holder] Φ5.4 × H1 (cm)
※ As these are handmade products, each piece will look slightly different from another.
※ Dishwasher safe and microwave safe.
Individual customers can also purchase this product by the following method.
- Enter your name, email address and phone number in the inquiry form.
- In the field of “Message”, enter your address, the color of the item and the quantity you would like to purchase then, send the form.
- You will receive a confirmation email from us including the price with shipping fee for your order.
* We offer free shipping for delivery to Singapore address only.
- Once you confirm the information, please make payment to our bank account. The bank information is also included in the confirmation email.Your order will be shipped as soon as your payment is received.
* We accept payment through Paypal only for delivery in Singapore address.
For inquiries regarding the product. Please contact us via the contact form.
We will try to respond to you as soon as we can.
* questions are required.